Technical Assistant – Graduate
REPORTING TO: – Design and Product Manager
HOURS: 08:30am to 17.00pm Monday to Friday
Assist the Design and Product Team in the delivery of new and innovative lighting products within specific (project) timelines and help with the launch of these products onto the world stage at prestigious European Shows.
Working in a fast paced environment, this newly created role will support the Design and Technical Teams with product review and technical evaluation to ensure our exacting standards are defined, recorded and executed at the production stages whether at our UK plant or at one of our global suppliers.
This exciting role is part of our growth strategy and will support the Technical Co-ordinator and facilitate our expansion into new markets and product ranges.
There will be scope and opportunity for this role to develop as our growth plans unfold.
QUALIFICATIONS, ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Degree or similar practical/technical qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering,
- Demonstrate a general understanding of simple Manufacture and Assembly processes. Able to learn and understand from our UK manufacturing plant and pro-actively convert this knowledge into the product development process.
- Passionate about products (with an inquisitive mind)… how they are designed and manufactured.
- Support the Design and Technical Teams with new product development including the opportunity to collaborate with internal and external stakeholder’s in pursuit of product excellence.
- A knowledge of Rhino 3D, AutoCAD (or similar), Word/Excel and also Photoshop is desirable. A good attention to detail, you will be able to draw or amend drawings and product instructions.
- In addition to basic drawing functions, also assist with day to day duties including sample making, unpacking and checking samples, assembling, photography, instructions, data sheets, Bill of Materials, maintaining our sample room etc.
- Bright, conscientious with a willingness to solve problems with a strong technical ability. A team player who can collaborate and deliver without the need for constant supervision.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
For more information, or to apply, please email email@example.com